Here are a few books that I found helpful. These deal with self-injury and depression.
I read a number of books so that I could better understand what I was going through. I wanted to know if there were others who had the same desires and overwhelming feelings as me. The more I read the more I understood myself.
- Skin Game – Caroline Kettlewell
- Cut – Patricia McCormick
- Prozac Nation – Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Bloodletting A Memoir of Secrets, Self-Harm & Survival – Victoria Leatham
- Cutting – Steven Levenkron
- Unholy Ghost Writers on Depression
- Prozac Diary – Lauren Slater
- The Yellow Wallpaper – Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- A Bright Red Scream self-mutilation and the language of pain – Marilee Strong